The individual ingredients contained in this preparation are homoeopathic to Herpes zoster:
Mezereum: Weeping vesicles on the skin with a red areola around them, itching and burning. Neuralgia.
Natrium chloratum: Herpes labialis.
Rhus toxicodendron: Intensely itching vesicles and bullae on the skin. Skin is red and painful. Numerous vesicles on the skin showing a reddish base, itching, burning and stitching.
- In acute cases give initially ½ - 1 hourly 10 drops in some water. Once improvement becomes apparent reduce dosage to 2-3 hourly 10-15 drops
- Herpes that localises around chest or trunk: alternate in addition to R68 also R69, ½ -1-2 hourly 10 drops in some water. Reduce dosage as improvement sets in. If the associated Iymph glands are enlarged give additionally to R68 also R1, 10-15 drops in some water 1-2 times daily
- Neuralgias occuring subsequently to Herpes zoster: give additionally R69 and R70
- In rare cases it may be necessary to give all 3 preparations alternatively 10-15 drops in some water every 1-2 hours; reduce the dosage as improvement sets in. Topically Atomare-Beckeron R30 may be used. In acute and chronic eczema: compare R23.
- In variola form conditions give additionally R6
As per The Homœopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States and Indian Drugs and Cosmetics Act, the below medicines being patent can be safely taken for self limiting condition i.e. did not require medical diagnosis, prescription or monitoring and is non toxic. But it cannot be treated as a substitute for actual medical advice